Professor Jiazhao Wang
Office Locations: AIIM Facility / Room 121
Phone: +61 2 4298 1478
Professorial Fellow: Institute for Superconducting and Electronic Materials
2003: PhD, Materials Engineering, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Materials and electrolytes for lithium-air batteries.
- Materials and electrolytes for sodium batteries.
- Materials and electrolytes for lithium batteries.
- Materials and electrolytes for lead-acid batteries.
- Materials and electrolytes for supercapacitors.
- Conducting polymers and conducting polymer composite for batteries.
- Free-standing materials preparation and flexible bendable batteries fabrication.
2004: ARC Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute for Superconducting & Electronic Materials (ISEM), University of Wollongong, Australia
2003-2004: Associate Research Fellow, Intelligent Polymer Research Institute, University of Wollongong, Australia
1995-1997: Visiting Fellow, ISEM, UoW
1987-1993: Lecturer, Public Health College of Harbin, P.R. China
1983-1987: Associate Lecture, Health College of Harbin, P.R. China
(Publication list sourced via UOW database)
- Wang, J. Z, Chen, J., Konstantinov, K. K., Zhao, L., Ng, S. H., Wang, G. X., Guo, Z. P., and Liu, H. K, “Sulfur-polypyrrole composite positive electrode materials for rechargeable batteries” Electrochimica Acta, 51 (2006) 4634-4638.
- Ng, S.H., Wang, J. Z., Wexler, D., Konstantinov, K. K., Guo, Z. P. and , “Highly reversible lithium storage in spheroidal carbon-coated silicon nanocomposites as anodes for lithium-ion batteries”, Angewandte Chemie (International Edition), 45 (2006) 6896-6899.
- Wang, J. Z., Chew, S.Y., Zhao, Z. W., Ashraf, S., Wexler, D., Chen, J., Ng, S. H., Chao, L. and Liu, H. K, “Sulfur-Mesoporous Carbon Composites in Conjunction with a Novel Ionic Liquid Electrolyte for Lithium Rechargeable Batteries”, Carbon, 46 (2008) 229-235.
- J. Z. Wang, C. Zhong, S. L. Chou, H. K. Liu, “Flexible free-standing graphene-silicon composite film for lithium-ion batteries”, Electrochem. Commu.,. 12 (2010) 1467-1470.
- J. Z. Wang, C. Zhong, N. H. Idris, D. Wexler, Z. X. Wang, L. Q. Chen, H. K. Liu, “Graphene Encapsulated Fe3O4 Nanoparticles with 3D Laminated Structure as Superior Anode in Lithium Ion Batteries”, Chemistry-A European Journal, 17 (2011) 661-667
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, M. F. Hassan, D. Wexler, H. K. Liu. (2011) “Amorphous carbon coated high grain boundary density dual phase Li4Ti5O12-TiO2: A nanocomposite anode material for Li-ion batteries” Adv. Energy Mater., 1 (2011) 212-220.
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, M. F. Hassan, S. L. Chou, Z. Chen and H. K. Liu “Nanocrystalline porous a-LiFeO2–C composite—an environmentally friendly cathode for the lithium-ion battery”, Energy Environ. Sci., 4 (2011) 952–957.
- L. Noerochim, J. Z. Wang, D. Wexlerc, M. M. Rahman, J. Chen and H. K. Liu, “Impact of mechanical bending on the electrochemical performance of bendable lithium batteries with paper-like free-standing V2O5–polypyrrole cathodes” J. Mater. Chem., 22 (2012) 11159-11165.
- Yi Shi, J. Z. Wang, S. L. Chou, D. Wexler, H. J. Li, K. Ozawa, H. K. Liu, and Y. P. Wu, “Hollow Structured Li3VO4 Wrapped with Graphene Nanosheets in Situ Prepared by a One-Pot Template-Free Method as an Anode for Lithium-Ion Batteries”, Nano Letter, 13 (2013) 4715−4720.
- J. Z. Wang, L. Lu, M. Lotya, J. N. Coleman, S. L. Chou#, H. K. Liu, A. I. Minett, and J. Chen, “Development of MoS2-CNT Composite Thin Film from Layered MoS2 for Lithium Batteries”, Adv. Energy Mater., 3 (2013) 798-805.
Competitive Grants Received as Chief Investigator
1. First Chief Investigator (CI) for ARC Discovery Program (DP) “Lithium-Ion Air Batteries with Non-Flammable Ionic Liquid–Based Electrolytes: A Platform to Safety in Lithium-Air Batteries” (DP140100401, A$350K, 2014-2016)
2. First Chief Investigator (CI) for ARC Discovery Program (DP) “A Novel Hybrid Electrochemical Energy System For Both High Energy And High Power”. (DP110103909, A$270K, 2011-2013)
3. Solo CI for ARC DP (DP0987805, A$330K, 2009-2011), Development of inorganic-conducting polymer composites and ionic liquid-based electrolytes for rechargeable lithium batteries.
4. First CI for ARC Linkage Project (LP) (LP100100802, A$300K, 2010-2012), Room Temperature Rechargeable Sulphur Batteries.
5. First CI for International Science Linkage Project (CH090014, A$39K, 2010-2011, Department of Innovation Industry, Science & Research, Australia), Nanocomposite electrode materials and ionic liquid electrolytes for power type lithium ion batteries.
6. Australia Postdoctoral Fellow (Industry) for ARC Linkage Project (LP0453698, A$225K, 2004-2006), Lithium/Sulfur rechargeable battery for power applications, ARC Linkage project.
7. Second CI for ARC LP (LP120200432, A$ 270K, 2013-2016), Development of novel composite anode materials combined with new binders for high energy, high power and long life Lithium-ion batteries.
8. Co-CI for ARC DP (DP0772999, A$640K, 2007-2009), First principles for development of novel hybrid electrochemical energy storage and conversion systems.
9. Co-CI for ARC LP (LP0775109, A$300K, 2007-2009), Exploration of new catalyst materials for hydrogen/air fed proton exchange membrane fuel cells.
10. Co-CI for ARC LP (LP 0775456, A$310K, 2007-2009), Miniature lithium ion battery for implantable medical device applications.
11. Co-CI for ARC International Linkage Project (LX0668564, A$20K, 2006-2007), Nanostructured materials for development of advanced lithium energy storage systems.
12. Co-CI for an Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITP/026/08NP, HK$3,991K, 2009-2012, which funded by Hong Kong Government, Production of Carbon Nanotube and CNT Application as Catalyst Support and Advanced Material for Energy Storage.
13. Co-CI for ARC LIEF entitled “Facility for in-situ nuclear magnetic resonance of advanced materials and devices” (LE110100141, $1,294K, 2011).
14. Co-CI for ARC LIEF entitled “National facility for biased target deposition of alloyed nanolayers”. (LE110100159, $360K, 2011).
15. Co-CI for ARC LIEF entitled “Combined scanning tunnelling microscope system for nano-fabrication and characterization”. (LE0989858, 857K, 2009).
16. Co-CI for ARC LIFE “Fabrication and characterisation facilities for lithium rechargeable batteries and supercapacitors”. (LE130100051, 200K, 2013)
2011: Scientific Visits to Japan Award
2007: Scientific Visits to China Award2004-2006: Australian Research Council APDI Fellowship
1999-2003: Australian Research Council APAI ScholarshipProfessional Activities Journal Reviewer for more than 30 respected international journals Conference Organizer, Session Chairs & Invited Talks